At Ohio Valley Veneer, we produce all of our lumber from the highest-grade Appalachian forest logs, which lets us produce a quality of clarity and excellent grain. Our timber is hand selected from the forest by our highly skilled timber buyers, then processed on our state of the art sawmill to assure lumber quality meets our customers’ expectations. The lumber is hand graded and separated by grade value and length to help ensure log quality is producing valued lumber. Wood like any other national product, varies greatly in quality and appearance with the grades select & better and common we at (OVV) strive to maintain consistent standards.
Rift & Quarter Sawn
- Expands and contracts vertically, while plain sawn expands and contracts horizontally.
- Wears evenly and is harder than plain sawn lumber.
- Increases the structural integrity of the wood.
- Is an excellent choice over radiant heat applications, due to its stability.
- Live Sawn: Ash, Basswood, Cherry, Hickory, Hard Maple, Soft Maple, Red Oak, White Oak, Poplar, Walnut.
- Rift and Quarter Sawn: Red Oak, White Oak, Walnut.
- Plain Sawn: Ash, Basswood, Cherry, Hickory, Hard Maple, Soft Maple, Red Oak, White Oak, Poplar, Walnut.
*Please contact our talented sales staff for more information and availability of our product.